Sunday, October 21, 2012

Slowing Down...sort of

At the beginning of October, I made it my goal to stop planning events and projects (just for a month). I'm such a planner, I can't help it, but sometimes I can go overboard! So even though I did not schedule each day chalk full, there has been no shortage of activity with two kids, a husband and parents who live in the basement, but I would be bored without all of these amazing people in my life. And according to the pics below, we have had a full and happy month, which has been slower...or perhaps, less scheduled is the way to describe it. :)
Three Months: Sept. 22

Adalyn has many adoring fans




Apparently, Adalyn enjoys iPad time with Grandma as well.


We've had several hot air balloon sitings this summer/fall.

This little girl is a #1 DROOLER!

Thanksgiving Party #1: our house (Thanks, Mom)!

Zal ate his fair share of our homemade apple sauce and was proud to sport some of it on his nose!

He got super goofy and showed off a lot!

Adalyn has already had a handful of bad hair days!

Zal has too, surprisingly enough!

Adalyn is very social and eager to smile!


I couldn't get through this month without doing some more canning. Have I told you how fun canning is? It makes me feel all earthy and organic. Mostly, my reasons for making even more salsa were so that my dear tomatoes would not go to waste. On this particular day, I was on my own. Thankfully, Zal had fun making "coffee." Notice how close he is to the steaming pots of salsa. I know Dave would have frieked out, but he really is careful when close to the elements.

He also pulled out all of my small appliances.

Oh well, I got the job done. I thought this day would take care of my tomatoes, but a few days later I diced 24 c and froze them in 4 c portions. Crazy. I now only have THREE tomatoes left. I'm going to be so annoyed the day I have to buy tomatoes....which will come very soon!

Awww...

Adalyn LOVES being held. She is so cuddly!

Daddy's future soccer star!!

Too cute

Much happier on her back...

The other day, Dave let me "sleep in." This was the scene to which I woke up. So.... cute! (Adalyn's hair is sticking straight up due to her pony tail from the day before...so funny)

Crazy eyes

Look, I can hold onto objects....

and chew them...

Zal and I made play dough!

It provided about 15 min of activity!

Zal's two year old molars are coming in and making my poor boy sick. He had a fever from Thurs- Sat. On Thurs., he fell asleep on the couch while we were eating supper. Notice his spaceship by his side!!! (This is Dave's old lego).

Zal was sick and Adalyn was grumpy! LOOK AT THAT FACE! There is attitude in this little girl!

Zal showing me how it's done!

iPhone pics Ahead: a sunny day in Sept...enjoying a hotdog from the bus!

.....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE FALL!

Adalyn and I visited my students!!! The attention overwhelmed her and she melted down!

Dave and I have gotten to go on a number of dates in the last few months (thanks, Mom and Dad)!!!

Zal finally got a real haircut!

So handsome!

Adalyn got to go swimming for the first time!

Thanksgiving #2: the Adrians (Unfortunately, this is the ONLY picture I took from the very fun event).

Thanksgiving #3: Aunt Marge's party

Zal, looking like he's a pro!!

Zal thought Adalyn should have ALL of these toys!

Don't tell Dad you're playing with the keyboard!

Zal finally loves swimming and water sliding!

This slide he can handle by himself...

Movie Night at the Kent's!

Zal, checking his LIST before flying his SPACESHIP!!! It was a PROUD moment for this mother!

We have a thumb sucker! I refuse to even think about how we will deal with this in two years. We won't be able to throw it in the garbage, that is for sure. :)

Fall is here and well, winter, is around the corner. Time to bundle up!!



This picture and the one on the side of the blog are the two we have gotten back from our shoot with Jessica on Sept. 15th.

And last but not least.....my two crazies!

No comments:

Post a Comment