Sunday, November 11, 2012

Surprise!!!

Peek a Boo!
Zal's photography: I let him take a few shots w/ our Sony
Not sure what he's exclaiming here! He's enjoying his monkey face snack!
"There, there, Daddy, there's only TWO of us! Everything will be ok!"
These two get along quite well!
Have I told you Zal is into spaceships? hee! Guess who drew the instruments on his spaceship? ;) And I also need to declare that it is pretty sad that the only instruments Zal knows are located in a cockpit. I have failed as a mother!
1, 2, 3, BLAST OFF!
I know this is disgusting....but pretty funny too. She just happened to spit up as I snapped the photo.
What do a blender, baby, and tractor have in common? Absolutely NOTHING! Thanks, Zal!
Adalyn is always full of smiles or making some very important statement!
Zal spends a lot of time at this window! Am thankful for all of the school buses and garbage trucks that drive down our crescent!
Adalyn ~ all decked out for Bradie's wedding!
It was fun to hang out with Jill at Bradie's wedding.
Thankfully, Adalyn seems unharmed after I dropped her out of her car seat in front of half of the reception guests during the speeches! argh!

In Canmore with the Kents....getting ready for the BIG SURPRISE!!!!
We were wondering how we would keep this one QUIET!
We must have succeeded because Mom looks pretty SURPRISED!!!!
So very surprised!
And Dad is thinking, "I'm so glad my suspicions were proved correct! Now to get those toys for the grand kids..and the Christmas gifts for the kids."
Auntie Jenny's first snuggles with Adalyn
Still Smiling
Unpacking in our giant cabin
The first meal of goodness: homemade vereniki, sausage, and bacon!
Zal is still talking about the fun time at the "cabin." A pretty distorted view of a cabin, if you ask me. hee!
The Catan trophy in its place of honor....too bad we didn't have time to play even ONE game of Catan. Thanks for making the effort to bring it, Ian!
Happy 60th Birthday, Mom!!!
Only ONE candle
Earlier Zal declared that this party wasn't just about Nana but was for him too.
This was probably around 9 pm...we had already put Zal to bed, but apparently he heard us singing and could NOT be left out! Let the boy eat cake!
Adalyn LOVED all of the attention!
And of course the "cabin" would have a climbing wall extending all three stories!
How did Zal get up there, you might ask?
Here is the answer.
The descent
What does a nervous mother do?
Take pictures, of course!
Agricola took precedence over Catan
Zal and Auntie Rach
The beautiful view from our balcony
Precious time w/ Nana
We ate SOOO well....
Stealing the show
Working off all that bacon...(right, Zal?)
Beautiful hike up to Grassi Lakes
Dad, our ring master (it's a bit of a circus getting us all organized...can't imagine why)
shark bite
As we were hiking Zal saw a water fall, called it a water slide and wanted to go down it! Um....no!
So, so cute!
"Everyone, Steve is the middle..."
Not bad, I'd say, for a time shot!
Steve and Ali photoshoot!
Dave's Photography: I think this pic is so funny!
Yup, when hiking w/ the Kents it's imperative to have a candy break!
My lovely little family!
Story time w/ Nana and Papa It's too bad Zal looks mad and Papa's eyes are closed.
Another spectacular view from our balcony.
Cartoons
And this is what we came home to....someone ran into our Honda during the snow and ice we missed. grr!
iPhoto Shots.......trip to the library
Spaceship flying at 6:30 am
The giant cabin
A walk by the golf course
Some of the Kents abandoned the walk and started jogging...
Dave felt it was exercise enough to push the double stroller up the hills...
Later I went for a very slow run by myself....I may have stopped from time to time to take pics.  It was so great being in the  mountains!
Happy Family
The hike to Grassi Lakes
photo bomb
Candy Break
Big Grumps

No comments:

Post a Comment