Monday, September 24, 2012

Life is Good: children, birthdays, and projects

Adalyn, our smiley little girl!

I wanted to see if Adalyn would take a bottle from me and then also let Zal have a turn feeding Adalyn!

After my first run post baby. Am not always 100% faithful, but got out this morning and wow, does it feel good!


Apparently, I have two babies!

Isn't she a doll?!!


Making wrapping paper for Daddy's birthday present...this did not go well.

Cuddles with Grandma

Helping clean up after making Daddy's cake...

Dave's new jersey (happy birthday)

Zal gave Dave candy which he really wanted to eat!

The traditional chocolate roll cake; I spruced it up w/ skor bits this year.

Adalyn LOVES her bath.

My beautiful children

Loves those blueberries!

Hard at work...

watering his wagon...

Yummy fist

Zal is very intrigued by all of Adalyn's hair accessories

I was so amazed that we had a baby who likes her stomach...but that stage is now long past. She hates her tummy!

And now the 2 Month series of couch pictures!! (she was 3 months on Sat...this post is late)



Nearly 12 pounds and 22 1/2 inches (Zal was almost 23 inches at birth)



Zal is a pretty decent big brother!

This was domestic streak #1: making apple sauce from crab apples

Domestic Streak #2: making homemade bread. Mom has an amazing recipe which I have now made on my own twice. My disclaimer to my domestic streak is that a) I'm getting sleep and b) Mom has helped me with these whims!

sleeping angel

Classy, Adalyn, Classy

When I'm annoyed at Zal's outbursts and stubborn streaks, I need to look at this photo!!

Baby Mohawk: Grandma was babysitting

Obst Kuchen ~ using rhubarb from the garden! I'm hoping I'll get one more cake out of the plant!

If I'm working in the kitchen, Zal is too. It's a tricky dance!


Multi tasking

Tickles from Daddy

I thought this would be a cute picture, but as soon as Adalyn is on his lap, he always pushes her away!

Much happier by himself!

Got to go to my friend Jill's wedding in Camrose with Adalyn and my friend, Bradie!

The Girls

Cutest bench ever; it plays tricks on the eyes

My friend Erin, who also has strawberry blonde hair, bought her this dress before Adalyn was even born. I think she knew....


Party Pooper


This was after the salsa dancing at the norwegian/mennonite wedding ~ hilarious!
I got home from Jill's wedding to a celebration: steak and cupcakes for my birthday!

It's fun having Grandpa around!

Bath time is always so much fun (especially when Daddy is in charge)



These two are SO CUTE! Jeanine (my cousin who watched Zal last year) helped me stain the deck one day (yup, that was a two week process). Zal was elated that Kaydra could come over. They get along soooo well!

Kaydra is just as classy as Adalyn


We got family pictures taken two weeks ago...I took a few of my own (of Adalyn) before and after...

It's pretty fun dressing up a girl! And for some reason, every time I offer a hair accessory to Zal, he refuses to let me put it on him! hee!


Stinker: she didn't smile for Jessica once, but as soon as she left, this is what I got!!

So pretty


Stylin'

Now start the iPhoto pics: this is from our hotel stay in Regina for my second cousin's wedding.

The next morning. We didn't really do any family holidaying this summer, so this is a fun memory. We pretty much missed the wedding (between nursing Adalyn and trying to keep Zal under control) but the hotel experience and water sliding was great. Zal is finally not afraid of water slides! As well, Dave was superb and let me hang out with my cousins and aunts and uncles after the wedding!

On my cousin, Laird's bike!

Fun with Grandpa

We got to go to my friend Judy's house/cabin by the lake one sunny day. Look at how nicely these boys are sharing!

little sleeping beach bum

Ice cream treats on a sunny day are the best

If you jump in, I'll follow you!

Let's run up and down the dock instead!


Daddy's shoes (just in case you were wondering if they were mine)



Skyping with Auntie Kendra (while visiting our friend, Kyla)

Zal often has more than one breakfast! Our little breakfast nook downstairs is working well! We will never have to feed our guests again! ha ha - just kidding!

This was in the beginning when I was very excited to see red tomatoes...now, after 2 1/2 batches of salsa, 8 ziplock bags of spaghetti sauce, and 30 pints of tomato sauce, I'm ready to never pick another tomato again. hee! I  "might" make one more batch of salsa. Again, mom has helped A LOT! And the sad thing is, that Zal has even stopped eating spaghetti. He isn't eating ANYTHING tomato based.



beauty

At Home Depot...I mainly try to shop when Dave is home, but sometimes this cannot be avoided. And really, they are mostly quite good. Notice Zal is eating snacks!

There is no longer anything Zal can't reach or do....sigh!

Chef Zal

Cutest little Chef

mmmmm

Domestic Streak #3: Spaghetti Sauce...

Hanging out in the Nursery at church: these two are only 3 wks apart.

We have had so much fun walking to and from the park this summer and fall! These bleachers continue to be Zal's airplane!

Zal shared his fighter jet with Adalyn!



Enjoying what I thought may be our last milkshake on the deck, but thankfully, I was wrong. We have had gorgeous weather of late! Zal is checking out an airplane flying overhead!

Cuties

Snack Time: talk about creativity!

"Look, Papa, I'm learning to climb... in Saskatchewan!"


Domestic Streak #3: Salsa

More fun at the park

Last Monday we said goodbye to Dave. He is doing training on the ATR simulator in Toronto. Cannot WAIT for him to get back tomorrow night!

Again...busy at the park

Awww...

Wish I could move pictures around on blogger....this is from the wedding in Regina!

Yay for grandparents!

The only family pic we have from my second cousin's wedding in Regina, and Mom took it. They had a photo booth set up. Zal was grumpy and Adalyn was crying.    

Domestic Streak #4: tomato sauce (Mom K, am SOOOO thankful for the food processor. We have kept it busy lately!)

My first experience canning....salsa and tomato sauce (my garden was a success...next job is to dig up all of the potatoes)

No comments:

Post a Comment