Thursday, May 26, 2011

ONE!!!!

What an amazing first year we have had with our beautiful baby! Zal enriches our lives, adding a beauty of which we were previously completely unaware! 

You thrill me Lord with all you have done for me!
I sing for joy, because of what you have done! 
Psalm 92:4



Mom and Dad had not even been here five minutes, when Kendra skyped! Family time as it exists for us....

Putting together the GIFT (during Zal's nap time, of course)

Smug as a Bug

Quality time with Grandpa

Grandpa has glasses and a remote. Jack pot!



The Cake: I don't think I'll ever be the crazy cake mom, as this alone stressed me out. But I'm quite pleased with the outcome and thankful for the help, Mom!

Party boy!
Zal's Buddy!

"I'd rather play with this grate!"

"Are you really letting me touch this, Grandpa?!"

Zal is still too young to know he doesn't like family pictures; unfortunately, Dave is not. I'm going to have to keep a file on  my computer of all the disastrous family pics through the years!

The best one...still..mediocre

And this was when we decided we didn't care whether or not we had a winner....

Zal is already looking tired out and we hadn't even done the cake, pinata, or presents!

Dave: ruining the party (look closely)!

Happy Birthday Dear Zal

Happy Birthday To You


Apparently, I ruined the experience for Zal by putting a bib with sleeves on him! :)

Chocolate High!

I'm ONE!!!

Grandpa's piece tastes better!

Mmmmm

Friends

Our good friends, the Strohans, were so gracious as to let us use their place for the party. Here, upon Dave's request, Cory is bringing some whacking tools for the pinata! Perfect for toddlers!

Nana in her glory! There were two three week old babies at the party!

The famous pinata...all the way from Bolivia!

Not so sure about the pinata!

Fear and Rapture
Enraptured!
Catching the spirit!

Papa and Zal

First of all the kids were scared to hit the pinata (I guess they've been taught well) and then they were hesitant to collect loot! It didn't take long and all of that changed....

Score!
Angry Mama? hee! I was probably telling Dad not to give Zal any more chocolate! hee! We had the most perfect day ever! It was around 30 degrees, I believe!
Zal - going for the Bolivian chocolate - my favorite treat from when I was young!

CRASH!

Coolest Ride-On Toy ever!

Zal had many helpers!

All or Nothing

Perspective....there was a lot of action: 10 toddlers & babies...14 adults

Playing with Nana!

Birthday Smooches!

Zal is pulling himself up everywhere and walking along furniture....walking isn't far off! He can even pull himself up in his crib while in his sleep sack!

I can't even begin to express in words how much I love this boy!

Zal loves pushing his many trucks/planes around the house!

All grown up!

Flying!

No fear!

On Monday, his actual birthday (the day following the party), he was well rested and quite excited to see his airplane again and to play with it!



It's also fun to push around the house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment