Monday, February 21, 2011

Fears!

Zal is really into the snacks these days! He would eat ALL day long if I would so allow! 



The snacks WERE in a bowl!

And this is where today's TITLE comes in...All was glorious until the vacuum cleaner, leaning up against the shelving unit in Zal's room, fell with a loud THUD! Zal's little pout turned into a cry! He kept looking at the black monster with fear in his eyes!  I made Zal his bottle, it was 4:00 after all, and he drank his bottle;  I thought all was well. Towards the end of his bottle, he started glancing at the vacuum cleaner again, this time crying! I got off the phone with my cousin and thought, "Time to meet fear head on, Son!" I put him in the hall, with measuring cups and snacks and turned on the beast. I have NEVER seen Zal so terrified (the purple shower puff incident pales in comparison)! He was clenching his fists, screaming and shaking. I finally turned it off, picked him up, still screaming, and continued vacuuming. The screaming continued and slowly turned into more of a cry. I decided against doing our room too and took him into the dining room for....more treats. This time a frozen apple sauce nibbler. I thought all fears were in the past, until Dave came home, and we decided to push our luck. Boohoo for object permanence!  As I was putting on Zal's PJ's, Dave brought the vacuum cleaner into his room, again, and got him to touch it, which he did on his own and without crying.  But it was obvious he was trying very HARD to be brave. Well, after a few moments he threw bravery out the window and cried a bit. Story time included giggles and smiles. Bedtime...turned into an hour 1/2 of trying to convince our traumatized little boy that little black sucking machines are NOT scary. Dave and I tried eating our supper, but after awhile I had to go get Zal and hold him and eat. Once back in bed, the tears kept rolling; Dave tried to console him; I sang to him for forever; he cried and cried and cried and FINALLY fell asleep. I won't be surprised if he wakes up screaming during the night. I think I will give vacuuming a rest tomorrow. The funny thing is that we have vacuumed with him in the same room before. I'm thinking it was the sudden thud without me in the room that scared him? Poor little boy; it's so sad to hear him so scared and yet so comical, because we big people know ....it's just a sucky (literally) vacuum cleaner!

The following pictures are from the past week: Yoda isn't scary! In fact,at one point he was holding Yoda's hand! It was so funny!

Zal now loves his bottle and is ready to be without us for two nights...this upcoming wkend! I'm going to miss him like CRAZY, but am glad he will be in such good hands, and am looking forward to a wkend with our friends up in Waskesiu! We'll bring our skiis, but unfortunately the weather looks like it will be around -20. argh!

A friend who knows a lot about photography gave me some tips: check out the blurred background!!!

Zal still only has two teeth! I think they make him look so grown up!


Helping Daddy Study!! Dave has been studying and working a lot lately. He is almost officially Captain of the 1900! Go Dave!

TRAPPED!

Uh Oh! Braydon's birthday cake looks mmmm....delicious!


And it tastes delicious too! I really didn't want Zal to taste cake until his own birthday, but when with Daddy and Uncle Cam, bad things happen!


More, More, I must have more!

Hilarious! I'm not really sure what was happening; Zal doesn't seem as excited!!

Everything goes in the mouth!!!

MAGIC!


  




Last week, my wonderful friend Judy, took care of Zal, while Dave and I got to go skiing at Eb's Trails, north of Duck Lake!





It was 0 degrees and gorgeous!!!





We had a lot of fun, and seriously, there were MANY hills! And because the trails aren't as well labeled (as in color coded), I didn't know what I was getting into, and just had to go down. There was some screaming and falling, but mostly it was super fun! We will definitely be going back there at some point!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. My girls loved the vacuum. They would get so excited when I turned it on, especially Sadie. Hopefully Zal will outgrow his fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alison, ya, am hoping so too. I'll give it a day or two, before trying again. :)

    ReplyDelete