Saturday, March 3, 2012

Nesting


It has been said that every pregnant woman reaches a "nesting" phase. Well, it's here, staring me in the face daily. I have more goals than I have time to accomplish; so many ideas of what MUST be done before our baby arrives. This combined with my usual anal tendencies is not good. I have painted the nursery (with a friend's help) and the basement bathroom, but now I need to spend time fixing all the mistakes I made. Apparently, I'm not a neat  painter. argh. I'm officially very content w/ all of the other colors in the house.
I also have it in my head to potty train Zal before baby comes. I'm giving it a week before I decide to wait a month or two or three to try again. So far, he has christened many rooms in the house, yelling potty and splashing in his mess. Good times. He did go IN the potty twice today, but that wasn't because he warned me; it was because I try to put him on every so often. I have the energy now, so want to give it a good effort, but I realize he's still very young. 

And then there are report cards...sigh. Guess I should start thinking about them. 

But before I go on....here are some pics from the last month or so. Some are from the camera and some from my phone, so they are not in chronological order.
This past Wed. I took my class on a Field Trip to West Wind. The kids LOVED it. I don't want to post students' faces, so I'll only post a few.  Zal came along too; of course, he loved the airplanes and received a lot of attention from the kids!




Dave did a great job explaining the parts of an airplane, his job, etc. :)

Dave is passionate about his game!

This seems to be the only way to get him to SIT for awhile.

Isn't he cute?!!! I sure hope this works.....

My beautiful, beautiful boy!

Kendra and Ian, I was using natural light for these photos!

Trying to get onto skype to talk to Nana and Papa!

Funniest pic ever: Beep, Beep! He chose to wear these undies!

The FIRST time he actually peed in the potty!

The new color and towels in the guest bathroom downstairs. Hooray!


Come visit us!!!

Dave and Zal have had some fun times going to the hill and park nearby!


Zal and his buddies!

One day while mopping upstairs, Dave and Zal were building an airplane! I was super impressed!

Supper w/ our small group from church. Love these kids!

Zal likes to "hide." This is his favorite spot. Sometimes he takes his blankets there and stays awhile.

Mommy was craving a smoothie; Zal didn't mind!

Zal likes to add to my list of goals by creating more messes. Notice how his hand is IN the box even though the floor is covered in Cheerios!

Yay, the baby room is a sweet green!

Nursery: better lighting....in the background is the first outfit I've received. It is SOOOO cute! Thanks, Mom!

Zal always wants to "SEE" what I'm doing. This set up seems to make both of us happy.

The perfect seat!

These last three pics are from Dave's phone. Nana and Papa, Zal and Dave in Vancouver!!

Zal is finally ok with going down slides by himself! This is at the park near our house.

Zal loves DOOKS! He is constantly bringing me books to read to him. Occasionally he's happy to read on his own!

This is what happened when Auntie Kendra tried to dress Zal!! ha ha

2 comments:

  1. So does the outfit mean that you're having a girl? Did you announce it somewhere and I missed it? I love the terracotta colour of your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, I haven't officially announced it online...didn't even think of that. It seems like everyday I'm losing something or forgetting something! Yes, we're having a GIRL. So excited! And I was going to tell you how much I love the color you painted your bedroom. I will have to keep that in mind some day when I have energy to repaint our cave-like bedroom!

    ReplyDelete