Friday, June 17, 2011

24 Hours

In 24 hours, we will be checking in our bags and getting onto our first flight! Its been an eventful last two days. Yesterday morning Zal threw up all over me. I could tell he wasn't himself as he hardly ate any of his breakfast and was super whiny (I was at first, just thinking that he was missing Grandma and Grandpa). Shortly after that, I found out that we would need to be out of the condo for a good chunk of today, while they were fixing our heating pipes. Boo! So, I packed like mad yesterday and cleaned the parts of the house that I could. They will be making a mess today, so I may or may not have time to clean the rest of the house. Zal was under the weather all day yesterday, but seems to be well today. Thank God! And Dave and I are still healthy. Our Honda got towed this morning while we were running errands, due to street cleaning. I guess we forgot to read the signs that have been posted for DAYS! But, Dave just called and it's just a few blocks from here. Dave is off on his last flight right now! I'll pick the car up later. Zal is currently sleeping in our neighbor, Lise's bedroom. She is awesome; she is just across the hall from us. She is in class right now, so I'm chilling with a coffee at her kitchen table, watching the rain fall. We're pretty much packed and ready to go! Kendra and Ian, see you really, really soon! Don't forget to pick us up at the airport! hee! Woohoo!!!
See you soon, Nana! These pics are all out of order.

Good times with Grandpa!

Zal has shed many tears over the Canucks' loss!

Siblings


Helping Grandpa?

These are from our wkend in Elkridge at the end of May. I was choked because I had forgotten his swim diaper and cute swim suit, so we just used a disposable diaper and shorts. It worked! I do have his swim stuff packed for Asia, though!



Not a fan of the life jacket...and feeling pretty insecure...

First watersliding experience! The first time he gave no reaction, the second time he cried, as Dave went faster and held him in front of him instead of on his lap!

One of Zal's party tricks: fist clench!


Checking out the baby goat.

Aunt Joyce and Mom were babysitting!

My pretty flowers!

Bye, bye pretty flowers!

Hmmm...one of these things is not like the other (Impromptu Bridge City Boogie)

Dave, telling us about his successful run after only training three times!

Doesn't Zal look proud of us?

My running buddies!

Watermelon

Our happy little boy!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip, Karla! I admire your bravery. You'll have to let me know how Zal does on such a long flight. Have fun with your family abroad.

    ReplyDelete