Thursday, May 20, 2010
Baby Update
We're four days past our due date and still eagerly awaiting our stubborn child! I've seen my obstetrician twice this week and all continues to be well. I mentioned this morning that the baby's movements were very subdued yesterday which concerned me. She suggested we go to the hospital for fetal assessment. Dave and I did that this morning and had our minds put at ease. In a way, it felt like a trial run. We now know where to go when labor hits; the waiting room is really nice (leather couches, flat screen tv), there is airconditioning throughout, and the nurses we encountered were very sweet. I was hooked up to the heart monitor for twenty minutes and our baby's heartbeat is completely normal. Hooray! We left feeling very relieved. While waiting we saw numerous couples walking the halls, enduring contractions (the women, that is). Soon that will be us! We have an induction booked for Tuesday, so we know there is indeed a deadline. Thank God! Yes, this is past Dave's time off, but I have peace about that too. He has been in contact with work and they are going to try to work something out; they will be reasonable. It's not like he's in the army or a sailor, Kendra. Hopefully, the next time we post on this blog, there will be baby news and pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment